American Translation Partners, Inc. (“ATP,” “we” and “us“), has created this website (the “Website” or the “Site“) to provide you with information about our translation and interpretation services (the “Services“) and to help you determine which Services are most relevant to your needs.
- The Types Of Information You May Provide. Information you may provide or that we may collect from you while visiting our Site or while participating in our Services falls into two broad categories: (i) personally identifiable information, and (ii) aggregate information. We use the term “Personally Identifiable Information” to mean any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including your name, address, e-mail address, birth date, financial information, photograph, telephone number or any combination of information that could be used to identify you. “Anonymous Information” is information that does not identify you, and may include statistical information concerning, for example, the pages on our Site that you visit most frequently.
- Personally Identifiable Information; Our Uses Of This Information. It is your decision whether to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information. Accordingly, we have structured our Website so that you may visit our Site, and review selected information about our Services, without revealing your identity or providing any Personally Identifiable Information. We will only share Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide to us via the Website and the Services with third parties as expressly disclosed in this section. We will not share it in any other way. We collect information from Site Visitors at different points on our Website, and use this information as follows:
3.1. Quote Information. You have the option of requesting a quote from us regarding our Services. In order for us to give you an accurate quote, we request that you submit information about the services you anticipate you will need, including but not limited to the type of interpretation or translation services, the relevant languages, a description of your needs, and contact information (collectively, “Quote Information“). In these instances, we only use your Quote Information to determine an accurate quote for the services you request. We will make an offline record of your Quote Information.
3.2. Email Addresses. We may provide you with the option to sign up for periodic email updates about our Services. You may also wish to provide us with comments and feedback concerning our Site generally. By communicating with us for these purposes, you may provide us with your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information. If you sign up for our periodic email updates, you will have the option to opt-out of the email updates, as set forth in Section 7.1 (Opt-Out).
3.3. Questionnaires and Surveys. Our Website may allow you to participate in surveys and/or questionnaires, which we may post on the Site from time to time. You are free to choose whether you participate in a survey or questionnaire. We may ask that, in addition to providing your responses, you also provide Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information. Survey and questionnaire information may be used by ATP for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and appeal of this Site and our Services. We advise you to use discretion in including any Personally Identifiable Information in your survey/questionnaire responses that would enable a third party reviewing your response to link the response to you.
3.4. Informational Notices and Bulletins. Periodically, we may choose to send news, bulletins, marketing materials, or other information to Site Visitors who have previously provided their email address to ATP. We will use Personally Identifiable Information to send such communications. If you receive such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in Section 7 (Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out).
- Anonymous, Aggregate Information. As indicated above, you may use our Site without submitting any information to us. In that case, the only information we collect from your visit will be Anonymous Information that does not identify you in any way. We use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve our Services, and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our Services and the characteristics of visitors at our Site, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties, including Advertisers. Rest assured, though, that Anonymous Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you, or determine anything personal about you. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software that supports our Website, through cookies, and through other means described in this Section 4 (Anonymous, Aggregate Information).
4.1. IP Addresses; Logs. ATP may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes. None of this data contains Personally Identifiable Information.
4.2. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. Cookies must be enabled on your web browser, however, if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Website.
4.4. Click-Throughs. We may send email messages, which use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 7 (Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out).
- We Do Not Disclose Personally Identifiable Information to Unaffiliated Third Parties; Limited Exceptions. We will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent, except in the following limited circumstances:
6.1. ATP Site Vendors. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or maintaining the Website, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your Personally Identifiable Information with these companies (collectively, “Site Vendors“). We will provide Site Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and we will not allow them to use your Personally Identifiable Information for any other purpose.
6.2. Question of Harm. We may reveal your Personally Identifiable Information to attorneys, private investigator organizations or law enforcement agencies if we believe (a) that you are in risk of harm from another, or (b) that you are harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others or otherwise violating legal rights.
6.3. Legal. ATP will reveal your Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information we will attempt to notify you via the email, home or business address you supplied (if and when you supplied Personally Identifiable Information) within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted.
7.1. Opt-Out. If you have provided us with your email address and we choose to send to you bulletins, updates, or other unsolicited communications that are marketing-related materials, we will provide you with the ability to decline — or “opt-out of” – receiving such communications. Instructions for opting-out will be provided if and when we determine to send you such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to “opt–out” of formal notices concerning operation of this Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to the Site.
7.2. Deleting Information. Finally, if you request, we will remove your name and all other Personally Identifiable Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of the Website and any associated Services. You may not remove de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
- Security. We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us, and we take all reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Information. ATP employees are required to acknowledge that they understand and will abide by our policies with respect to the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. Additionally, we ensure that ATP’s Affiliates and Site Vendors’ security policies are at least as protective of your information as our policy. Moreover, we provide access to our databases containing Personally Identifiable Information on a need-to-know basis only.
Our security systems are therefore structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing information you provide to us. We may also use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Please understand, though, that this information should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided by or submitted to ATP. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
- Notice of Security Incident. If we detect, despite the safeguards set out above, an intrusion or other unauthorized access to or use of Personally Identifiable Information (an “Intrusion”), we will (i) notify effected users of the Intrusion if the information at issue is sensitive, in our discretion, (ii) deliver this notice by the means we deem most efficient under the circumstances (such as, for example, first class mail or email); (iii) use contact information for each effected user that is current in our files; and (iv) use commercially reasonable efforts to accomplish these steps and effect this notice in a timely manner. To the extent applicable law requires steps in addition to those specified above, we will under all circumstances comply with applicable law.
- Participation by Children and Teens; Advisory. Due to federal law (as reflected in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), WE DO NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WHO WE KNOW ARE UNDER 13 TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR SITE OR SERVICES. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR SITE AND SERVICES. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE APPLICABLE AGE OF MAJORITY, PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. Please understand that we cannot necessarily tell if a user is providing us with his or her true age.
- Further Resources. If you wish further information concerning privacy policies in general, you should visit the following site:
You may contact us, for any reason, by e-mail as follows:
By mail as follows:
American Translation Partners, Inc.
175 Paramount Drive
Raynham, MA 02767
By telephone as follows:
COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL NOTICE. Copyright ©2015 ATP. All Rights Reserved.